Why Join RoSPA?
These are just some of the benefits of becoming a RoSPA advanced driver:
- I have been driving for years, what can you teach me? In truth, for many people, it is not about teaching you anything new it is about improving the skills that you already have. Do you have any bad habits?
- Smoother safer progress By helping you to improve your observation, planning and vehicle control you can progress in a safer, smoother and easier manner. You can achieve the same journey time with less stress and fatigue. Who knows it may one day save a life, possibly yours or someone dear to you.
- Lower Your Insurance Premiums You may be eligible to receive insurance discounts – make sure you tell your insurer what extra training you have taken.
- Enjoy Your Driving You will get more enjoyment from driving and feel much less stressed. Good observation and planning enable you to deal with situations in a smooth and controlled manner, having the car balanced, avoiding excessive braking and acceleration. You get the satisfaction of a job well done and more comfortable for yourself and your passengers.
- Improve Your Confidence You will feel much more confidant, both in your own driving and in your ability to deal with the behaviour of other road users.
- Reduce Your Crash Risk It will help you to avoid making mistakes and errors of judgement that lead to crashes, and help you cope with the mistakes of other road users.
- Improve Your Fuel Consumption You will spend less money on fuel, and cause less harm to the environment, because your driving will be smoother and more systematic, with progressive acceleration and braking together with appropriate use of gears.
- Ensure Less Wear and Tear on Your Vehicle Your car (possibly the second most expensive item you own) will last longer and may even have a higher resale value.
- Meet People By joining a driving group, you can meet other like-minded people.
- Meet the Challenge A reason often given by people who take advanced driver training is the challenge of proving that they are a driver of the highest standard. Maybe a formal qualification would help when job hunting.